"Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants don't work." -Calvin & Hobbes

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Drink Coffee, It's Inspirational

My mother is constantly sending me things that she believes will help to inspire me and find some direction in my life. She emailed and/or printed out Steve Jobs' Stanford University commencement speech no less than three times for me to read. I still haven't read it. 
A couple months ago, she forwarded me yet another inspirational email. 80% of the time I really do open them up and at least take a look. This was one of those times. I noticed that the length of the attachment was quite long, which usually means a quick scan and delete, but this one had pictures, so I was intrigued.
For all of my artsy friends and followers out there, I really liked a lot of what this guy had to say. And did I mention there were pictures? So here I am, passing it on to you. I hope that you enjoy it, but if you feel the need to email me inspiration, just send me a Starbucks card instead. 

 http://www.austinkleon.com/2011/03/30/how-to-steal-like-an-artist-and-9-other-things-nobody-told-me/
  
And yes, I realized that by passing this on, it makes me even more like my mother than I already am. Please refrain from further comments regarding this.
Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment