"Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants don't work." -Calvin & Hobbes

Saturday, October 24, 2009

Major Deal Breaker


Many of you may not know this, but when I am not slinging sandwiches and paninis, I moonlight as a nanny. I absolutely love it and am debating whether or not I can bypass the whole "real job" thing and just get paid to hang out with kids the rest of my life.


The other night as Blair (age 6) and I are coloring in her Hello Kitty coloring book, she asks me if I have a flower girl lined up for my wedding. Oh man. ANOTHER person pushing the marriage thing on me. That's a whoooole other blog... anyway, back to the coloring book. I explained to Blair that I am not exactly on the road to marriage at this point in my life.


Blair, "How old are you again?"


Me, "Twenty-five."


Blair, "You have TWO years left!"


Hmmm.


Me, "You don't have a boyfriend, do you?"


Blair, "Well, I did. He is in second grade."


-"An older man, huh? What did your mom think?"


Blair, "Well, he was a really nice boy. But he eats BUGS!"


You say it sister. We've all been there. When I was her age there was a cute boy in my class who ate bugs too. Now he is engaged and I'm thinking I should have snagged him up when all the other girls were grossed out by him.


When I asked her what she thinks I should be looking for, as far as a potential husband for myself, she proceeded to give the best advice I have recieved from anyone of any age...


"What to Look for in a Husband" By Blair (age 6)

1. nice heart

2. has a good and short haircut

3. handsome

4. smart

5. good reasons (like when he does something on accident and you ask him why, he has good reasons)

6. tries hard/ good worker

7. happy

8. always tells the truth

9. respectful

10. favorite thing to do is spending time with his family

11. good manners

12. has pretty blue or brown eyes (if there is a little green, that's ok)

13. is healthy (eats all his fruits and vegetables and is nice and skinny, but not too skinny)


and I am going to go ahead and make #14. doesn't eat bugs, as I am sure Blair would be on board with that one.

3 comments:

  1. thats always the rub, do we learn from the elderly or learn from youth?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I'm more grossed out by the teeth in the picture than the bug.

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha. Your post is hilarious. Old Maid. Oh, I found a site that had some information about submitting articles: http://www.wordhustler.com/publications/5126/Vogue.html

    ReplyDelete