"Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants don't work." -Calvin & Hobbes

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Brought to You by the Number 12

There are a couple songs that I will randomly, yet consistently, get stuck in my head. For example, the intro to Eye of the Tiger gets stuck in my noodle ALL THE TIME. Most frequently when I am exercising or doing anything that could be considered challenging, but always when I am climbing stairs (obvi). Click here if you need inspiration/annoyance in your life. Close your eyes and just listen though, because Survivor's video for this song is probably the most uninspiring thing you could imagine. Except I want to jump in the sack with that keyboard player. Ooh-la-la!
Among my many other unfailing "ear worms", is the Ladybug Picnic song. Don't know it? Well, you obviously weren't a Sesame Street kid. Or maybe it's just because you didn't have good ol' Sally for a mom. I think that she heard the song while I was watching the ever-wonderful Sesame Street and it got stuck in her head, therefore singing it randomly and bam! forever in her daughter's head and heart. Anytime I hear someone say, "1, 2, 3," I instantly think, "4, 5, 6,...7, 8, 9,...10, 11, 12, and the ladybugs came, to the ladybug picnic!" Every. Time.
Those were the only words I remembered, though. Until the other day, when I was searching YouTube for a specific Don Music clip (another Sesame Street reference) and came across the glorious Ladybug Picnic song. I was dying. This song is hilarious! I felt that I needed to share it with the 4 or 5 people who read my blog. I hope that you get a good laugh out of it too.
Many of you may not know this, but one of my goals in life is to meet a Muppet. I would also love to write for a children's show, and this musical cartoon just reconfirms that. You can pretty much say the most ridiculous things, put it to an upbeat tune with some bright colors and you've got yourself a hit. Kids are simple. That's part of why they are way more fun than complicated adults. 
Anyway, hope you enjoy, and maybe donate some furniture to some ladybugs near you, because I hear household items are outrageously priced for them.  But they can tell a mean knock-knock joke.


No comments:

Post a Comment